Thursday 12 January 2012

It's 2012, Already!


Today is already 12.01.2012 and hope it's not too late to wish all Happy New Year. 

Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah for giving me, my love ones and all of us the chance to go through another year, living in this temporary world. May each day, we'll love ALLAH more and will put HIM above all, ameen. 

As for me and my family, we spent our year end 2011 and new year 2012 in our hometown, Malaysia. Alhamdulillah, even it was a short trip, we managed to spare our time with our parents, visiting families and relatives, meeting up with old friends and relaxed by the beach (my favourite). Also managed to settle few things at home that was left the last time we moved to Doha and stocked up some of the Malaysian food to Doha's home ;)

It had been sometimes, I mean some years that I made a list of which I wish to achieve for that particular year aka making new resolutions. And that might be of some lame reasons, either too busy with officeworks, outstations or tired of same old resolutions which kind of 'hangat2 chicken's shit';p Btw, making resolutions are not only for a new year, birthday, anniversary, etc but muslims are encouraged to make a resolution to be a better person today compared to as of yesterday. On a big picture, it's still good to however have a reflect and make resolutions for a new year or any milestone date. For this 2012, I think I should detail out in my personal list or revisit the old (ancient, maybe) list again... Hmmm sounds like the same Me even in the new year?? Normally, being me as quite an organized person, I would categorize the things that I want to achieve which relates me with:

1) Me with Allah
2) Me with Family
3) Me with work, social & nature
4) Me, myself

My repeated resolutions (still dealing with same issue ever) would be to improve the quality of my solat and my Quran reading and being istiqamah in reading the Quran and performing the sunnah prayers. To be honest I'm still lacking of making those as routines, my bad! Dealing with 'iman senipis kulit bawang' which has it's up and down.... Ya Allah, grant me and us all the iman and taqwa, ameen.

I have yet to revisit, reflect and update my resolution list of ages ago and it's all in my handphone. Hmm, I've been depending too much on my handphone for the info, data, dates, calculations, etc. I think I should make a new resolution to rely more on my 'brain' (I mean memory haha) rather than the gadgets :p

0 comments: